2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 box gluten free spaghetti (I used barilla, but you can use any kind)
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes with the juice
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup Pinot Grigio
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp fresh basil, sliced thinly
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp canola oil
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the canola oil
2. Add the chopped chicken and seasoning it with salt & pepper and the Italian seasoning. cook for about 3 minutes, until almost cooked through
3. Add the chopped onions and cook another 3-4 minutes until they are soft. then add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
4. In the meantime, place a large pot of water to boil over high heat and add salt and canola oil. once it starts to boil, add the whole box of spaghetti and stir occasionally .
5. Next Add the whole can of diced tomatoes with the juice, and the wine. cover and simmer for about 7 minutes over medium low heat.
6. At this time the pasta should be done. Do not drain just turn the heat off.
7. In the chicken skillet, add in the basil and stir. Then add the spaghetti in batches right from the water, as well as 1/2 a cup if the cooking liquid from the pot.
8. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese right on top of the hot pasta and stir to combine.
9. Add a little more Parmesan cheese on top and serve!