I use a combination of Pecans, Cashews, Pumpkin Seeds, Unsweetened Coconut, Dried Cranberries, Egg White, Water, Honey, Coconut Oil, Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, and Ground Nutmeg.
2 cups Pecans
2 cups Cashews
1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded Coconut
1 cup Dried Cranberries
1 Egg White, beaten lightly
2 tbsp. Water
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 cup Organic Clover Honey
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Add the pecans, cashews, and pumpkin seeds to a blender and pulse until finely chopped.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk the egg white and water until foamy.
4. Add the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the egg mixture and mix well.
5. Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet pan and bake for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
6. Let the granola cool for 10 minutes before transferring to an air tight container or mason jar.
7. Serve with your favorite milk or over yogurt for breakfast, or just eat by itself as a yummy snack!
* This recipe makes 2 quarts of Granola and will keep for 2-3 months if stored properly.