1-2 pounds chuck beef stew meat
4 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup Merlot
1 container Beef Broth (16 oz.)
1 packet gluten free Beef bouillon
4 tbsp. corn starch (mixed with cold water )
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. peppercorn & garlic seasoning (I use Pampered Chef brand)
Salt & Pepper
1. Over medium high heat, heat 1 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil until melted, then add the beef and cook until brown on the outside, around 5-6 minutes. Then add in the carrots and onions and cook until slightly tender, about 4 more minutes.
2. Add in the potatoes, beef broth, merlot, beef bouillon, bay leaves, and peppercorn & garlic seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium low and simmer 30-40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and beef is fully cooked through.
4. Lastly, add in the corn starch mixed with water, cover and let finish on low for 5 more minutes. This will thicken up the stew.
5. Serve with a side salad or warm crusty gluten free bread!