1 1/2-2 lbs of lean ground beef
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cups organic baby spinach (or any other greens you like)
2 tbsp. organic extra virgin coconut oil
2 tbsp. organic coconut flour
1 1/2 cups gluten free beef broth (I use Rachael Ray or Kitchen Basics)
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
Salt & pepper
1. Melt 1 tbsp. coconut oil over medium high heat and add the chopped onions. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until they slightly become brown.
2. Add in the sweet potatoes to the pan and on top of them, add the additional tbsp. of coconut oil. Cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring often, until potatoes start to turn soft. Then add in the 3 cloves of minced garlic and stir and cook an additional 2 minutes.
3. Make space in the middle of the pan, and add in the ground beef. On top of the beef, add a good amount of salt & pepper, the garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg, and cayenne. Cook and break the beef up into small pieces until it becomes brown and almost cooked through.
4. Add in the beef broth, cover the pan, and simmer over medium low for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked through, wilt in 3 cups of Spinach (you can also use kale or any other greens you like).
6. Once the spinach is incorporated, turn off the heat and serve!